Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Here is a list of the Dies, Stamps & Materials I used for this 5 x 7 card.
* For those of you who want to make this particular card you will need to use the Grand Calibur Machine or one of the other leading die cutting machines that will handle a 7" x 10" piece of cardstock.
Heartfelt Creations/Spellbinders Die # HCD-717 "Layered Scalloped Posey" from the Gatefold Collection
Spellbinders Die # S4-231 "Labels 7"
Memory Box Die # 98183 "Amira Flourish"
Nellie Snellen Punch & Embosser Set # FLP-027 "Rose Flower" (Small)
Nellie Snellen Punch & Embosser Set # FLP-029 "Rose Leaf" (Medium) Single
Nellie Snellen Punch & Embosser Set # FLP-031 "Rose Leaf" (Jumbo) Tri-Leaf
Heartfelt Creations Pre-Cut Set # HCPC-3433 "Book Frame 1"
Impression Obsession Cover-a-Card Stamp # CC-050 "Script"
BlackSatin Ribbon - 1/16"
Burgandy Ribbon - 1/2"
Black flat-back Pearls
White Pearl Flourishes (Can be purchsed at your favorite arts & crafts store.)
Black Tassel (Can be purchased at your favorite arts & crafts store.)
Packaged Roses (Can be purchased at your favorite arts & crafts store or make your own.)
Bazzill Cardstock in Black, White, Burgandy & Green
Plain white copy paper for the message
This is a thank you card I made for a very nice lady, a customer of mine. Given the fact that the she purchased my book, I thought it might be a neat idea to put my note to her in book form for the inside greeting. The Heartfelt Creations Book stamps and the Spellbinders Labels 7 made it ever so nice. I simply typed up what I wanted to say, chose a font and sized it to fit the die and then cut it out. Then I added the black tassel for looks and layered it on top of the stamped book image.
INSTRUCTIONS: Front of Card
1. Cut and assemble the Gatefold card with the Burgandy and White cardstocks.
*For instructions on how to do that, you may visit the Heartfelt Creations website and view their video tutorials. These tutorials are excellent.
2. Attach the 1/16" Black Ribbon at the base of each arch.
3. Punch out and emboss 3 Rose Flowers and embellish them in the center with the Black Pearls. Then glue them at the center top of each arch. (Or in the location of your choice.)
4. Cut 2 of the Amira Flourishes in Black Cardstock and glue them to the front flaps of your card.
5. Punch out and emboss 2 of the Rose Leaf Jumbo flowers and 4 of the Rose Leaf Medium flowers.
6. Make 2 flower arrangements using the Burgandy Ribbon, 3 Flowers, 1 Jumbo Leaf and 2 Medium Leaves for each arrangement. Place Place one arrangement in the center of each of the 2 Amira Flourishes.
INSTRUCTIONS: Inside of Card
1. Using white cardstock, cut 2 rectangles for the sides 2 1/4" W x 4 3/4" H and 1 piece 4 7/8" x 47/8" to fit the middle.
***PLEASE MEASURE YOUR SIDE FLAPS AND CENTER SECTION BEFORE STAMPING.
YOU MAY DESIRE A WIDER OR NARROWER BURGANDY BORDER AROUND YOUR
WHITE STAMPED IMAGE.
2. When you have your white pieces cut to the size you want, stamp them in Black Ink with the "Script" stamp. Glue in place or use double sided tape.
3. Cut 3 more pieces in Black a little smaller then the White pieces and layer on top of the script stamped paper. Follow that with 3 Burgandy pieces a little smaller that the Black ones and crop (optional) the corners and layer on top of the Black pieces.
4. Adhere your sticky-back Pearl Flourishes on each side or whatever embellishment you may prefer.
5. Stamp your Heartfelt Creations "Book" in Black Ink on White cardstock and cut out using the
Spellbinders Labels 7 Die. Cut a black backing for it ( I did mine freestyle with scissors). Place at an
angle in the center section.
6. I typed my message on the computer, choosing a font and font size to fit my die. I printed it out in black ink on white copy paper and then cut it out with one of the smaller Labels 7 dies. I glued the tassel to it and mounted that in the center of the stamped book image.
7. Your card is now finished!